We all know how much Rome is an icon in the world for its ancient history and for its deeply rooted traditions, it also brings its experience to the world of gastronomy, Roman cuisine has been influenced several times in the course of its past, let's talk about a culinary tradition that has behind it an important experience that has literally made history.
Roman dishes provide an important contribution of energy, rich in nutrients, fats, proteins and more, originally the ancient Roman specialties had the aim of supporting the farmers who worked in the fields all day, we are talking about dishes of popular culture , these are mostly plant and animal products. We are talking about typical products such as Gaeta olives, bacon, hazelnuts, spelled, bucatini, tripe and polenta.
Here are the key dishes of the historic city of Rome:
- Carbonara, this dish is one of the tastiest in the world and is an icon of Italian cuisine, its origin dates back to 1944, in an old trattoria located in Vicolo della Scrofa.
The traditional carbonara recipe calls for eggs, bacon, pepper and pecorino;
- Cacio e pepe, a very simple dish with just three ingredients, pasta, pepper and cacio romano cheese;
- Tripe, a meat dish with strong flavors, is made of the internal parts of the animal, namely the tripe. The original recipe calls for the use of tripe, white wine, tomato pulp, pecorino romano, bacon, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, mint and black pepper;
- Beans with pork rinds, a winter dish typical of Roman cuisine, is prepared with pork rinds, rind, white beans, peeled tomatoes, lard, garlic, white wine and parsley;
- Supplì, the king of Roman street food, is a tomato rice croquette with a heart of mozzarella inside, a delicious appetizer;
- Cod fillet, is prepared in a batter and fried, it is a typical appetizer of Roman cuisine which, however, could easily constitute a dinner.
Let's see together more specifically what are the culinary products of ancient Roman cuisine.
Simmenthal tripe, this is a recipe from the ancient Roman culinary tradition, consisting of tender beef in a rich and tasty sauce.
Bucatini De Cecco
De Cecco bucatini are a long pasta shape typical of the culinary tradition of Rome, ideal for your carbonara.
Cultivated in particular in Lazio, it is a food rich in proteins, perfect for your summer salads.
Valsugana polenta is a traditional corn flour-based food, the perfect solution for colder days.
Panna ai 4 formaggi Parmalat Chef
The Parmalat chef 4 cheese cream is a cream enriched with the most characteristic cheeses of the Italian tradition, a unique and delicate flavor, to be tried with tortellini or gnocchi.
Pasticcini assortiti Matilde Vicenzi Roma
They are a dessert of the ancient Italian tradition, perfect to accompany tea, coffee or simply for a moment of sweetness break.
Crema alla nocciola bianca Rigoni di Asiago
Rigoni di Asiago white hazelnut cream is an organic product, to be eaten for breakfast on rusks.